• External resources


    Apprentices and trainees

    • Training Services NSW's regional and metropolitan offices are able to provide support and information to impacted students, apprentices, trainees. Affected apprentices and trainees can contact Training Services NSW on 13 28 11. This call will be referred to your nearest TSNSW office and an officer will respond to your enquiry with guidance, advice or appropriate referral.
    • The Continuing Apprentices Placement Program CAPS program is available to help Apprentices and Trainees find short or long term reassignment with a new employer.

    Income support

    • If you have recently lost income, are unable to work, or lost your job you may be eligible for Youth Allowance, JobSeeker Payment or Parenting Payment. Visit the Services Australia, affected by Coronavirus website.
    • If you are worried about paying your next energy bill or afraid that your power supply will be affected, energy companies are offering support during the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit Canstar Blue for energy-related questions.

    Rent and housing support

    • If you are struggling to pay your rent visit the Service NSW Private Rental Assistance page or phone 1800 422 322.
    • If you receive Centrelink benefits and want to stay updated in regard to rent assistance, visit the Services Australia Rent Assistance website.
    • Housing information is available for international students on the Tenants’ Union of NSW website.
    • Students who are at risk of homelessness and require assistance maintaining tenancy can find information by phoning 1800 152 152 or visiting Link2home.

    Support for victims of domestic violence

    The move to self-isolation, studying and working from home has raised concerns around the risk of an increase in domestic violence, abuse and neglect. If you feel at risk there are a number of services available to assist you.

    • Eheadspace: 1800 650 890 provides free online and telephone support and counselling to young people 12 – 25 and their families for mental health concerns.
    • Domestic Violence: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737  732)  24-hour counselling support for domestic violence and victims escaping violence.
    • Q life:  1800 184 527 provides peer support and referral for people in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex communities, includes web-chat service.
    • MensLine Australia: 1300 78 99 78 provides telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional, health and relationship concerns.